Property ID : NLEN002055
Auction, Exclusive, Sold by Us, Sold Subject to Contract - Gites, House, Other, Prestige
- Neoclassical Louis XVI French chateau
Original 18th-century period details
Guest cottages with a history of successful letting
Set within the Natural Regional Park near Saint-Omer
14 Bedrooms / 9 Bathrooms / 12±acres
This charming 18th-century French chateau, commutable to London, is an elegant countryside retreat with potential for a personal or business European base, set on over 12 acres. Original marble fireplaces, flagstone floors, and wood paneling welcome you into the stately main house. With two soaring great rooms, an impressive wine cellar, and large Neoclassical arched windows throughout, Chateau Holtz is the perfect backdrop for formal entertaining. Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a heated indoor swimming pool, and kitchen with Aga also allow for your everyday life to happen alongside the grandeur. Host large family gatherings, your dream business, or paying guests in the private apartment adjoining the chateau and three guest cottages. Imagine your unique vision as you enjoy a relaxed French lifestyle and the bucolic orchards, wildlife pastures, and forests that surround this grand estate, with the advantage of easy access to London and the UK.
SAINT-OMER AND THE COTE D’OPALE
Nestled in a strategic position close to Belgium with its Michelin starred restaurants, and the English Channel, Saint-Omer is a perfect retreat. Visit the 14th-century cathedral or see one of three French copies of the Gutenberg Bible at Saint-Omer’s public library. Meander the streets and squares of this classic market town or venture to the coast to enjoy sweeping dunes and charming seaside villages. The cliffs of Cap Gris-Nez and Cap Blanc-Nez provide striking views of England and cliffs of Dover. Your lucky chateau – which survived the French Revolution and two World Wars – has an ideal location for shopping or working in London, as well as beach going, golfing, hiking, and dining. The A26 is just 10 minutes from your front door, giving you easy access to Lille’s International Airport, Paris and Brussels. It is situated close to Eurostar Calais train station giving access to central London in 55 minutes, and close to Channel ports, and Calais Eurotunnel which connects rapidly to Kent and Southern England.
- 4.96 hectares; 12 acres | Chateau, guest annex/granny flat and 3 guest cottages, plus several outbuildings
- Architectural features | Original flagstone floors; Multiple 18th-century marble wood-burning fireplaces; Hardwood paneling
- Main house | 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; Formal dining; 2 great rooms; Multiple marble fireplaces; Indoor heated swimming pool; Vaulted wine cellar; Cloakroom
- Guest Cottage 1 | 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; Living room; Oil fired central heating
- Guest Cottage 2 | 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; Kitchen; Living room; Oil fired central heating
- Guest Cottage 3 | 3 ensuite bedrooms; Living and dining rooms; Kitchen; Oil fired central heating
- Outdoor features | walnut and pear Orchard; Sweeping Lawns, Gardens; Wildlife Pastures; Fields
- Additional spaces | Large air-conditioned Office, Garage; attached Guest/granny flat with kitchenette, parking, and separate entrance; stable buildings
- Other amenities Air Conditioned Master Bedroom and secondary bedroom, Broadband throughout
- Location | Côte d’Opale region; 30 Minutes to Eurostar Calais train station (55 minutes to London), 15 minutes from Saint-Omer; 20 minutes to Calais and the English Channel ports; 10 minutes from A26 motorway; 2 hours drive to Brussels, 3-hour drive to Paris; 1 hour to Lille International Airport; 1 hour to Bruges, Belgium.