Property ID : NLEN002069
Auction, Drone photos, Exclusive €750.000 Reserve - Cottage, Gites, House
- Total: 500m²/5,382sf | 3000m²/.75-ac | 9 bedrooms | 7 bathrooms
- Architectural Features | Recently restored and renovated; Tile, brick, and stone flooring; Natural stone and plaster walls; Exposed wood beams and trusses; Brick fireplaces with wood-burning stoves; French doors and windows; Skylights
- Chef’s Kitchen | Spacious design; Center island; Tile floors; Designer appliances; Butcher block countertops; French doors access terrace; Exposed beams
- Primary Residence | Open plan ground floor design; Large living room with brick fireplace and wood-burning stove; 5-beds/4-baths
- Second Residence | 4-beds/3-baths (two ensuites); Spacious kitchen, dining, and living room; Brick fireplace with wood-burning stove; Overlooks the pool
- Outdoor Features | Large terrace surrounds a heated swimming pool; Expansive views of the Bordeaux countryside and vineyards; Spacious lawn and mature landscaping
- Additional Spaces and Amenities | Property divided into two sections with opportunity for leasing income; Recent renovation with new electrical, plumbing, and drainage system; Wood-burning stoves and radiant heat
- Location | Minutes from town center; 35km/20 miles from Saint-Émilion; 30 minutes from Bergerac-Roumanière Airport; 90 minutes from Bordeaux (TGV train and international airport)
- $100,000 bidder deposit required
Step inside your charming French cottage set against a rolling patchwork of Bordeaux vineyards. Le Bijou, or “little jewel,” is a farmhouse-style cottage with all the old-world details you’ve envisioned. A natural stone facade welcomes you inside to admire the vintage brick hearths, stone floors, and exposed wood beams and trusses. The serene, romantic palette harkens back to a simpler time. Yet, the property has been lovingly restored and offers the amenities and modern finishes your life requires. This unique floorplan offers two residences with rustic charm, renovated kitchens and baths, and lots of light. Whether you dream of a getaway for your family and friends or hope to use the second residence as an investment, possibilities abound. Open the French doors to enjoy your expansive terrace and resort-style pool overlooking the gorgeous valley of vineyards. Mature landscaping surrounds a lush patch of grass for additional play and entertaining space.
Minutes from town center and nestled at the border of the Dordogne and Gironde regions of southwestern France, Ligueux beckons wine lovers, gastronomes, outdoor enthusiasts, and those ready to sink into a slower pace of life. Wine cellars dot the rolling vineyards of this Bordeaux-producing region. The 16th-century Chateau des Vigiers with a top-ranked 27-hole golf course, spa, fitness center, and a Michelin star restaurant is only 5 minutes away. Le Bijou is close to several bilingual schools which offer both the French and IGCSE curriculum. Walk the medieval streets of Saint-Émilion, just 35 kilometers away (20 miles) or venture a mere 30 minutes to explore the stunning fine wine, gourmet cuisine, and chateaus and wood-timbered buildings around Bergerac. Alternatively, jet off to another destination from the Bergerac-Roumanière Airport. Bordeaux is only 1.5 hours away from your estate with access to the TGV train and an international airport.
To be sold under AUCTION
Bidding Opens: Nov 16, 2021